As we are an online therapy platform most of our interventions are delivered by qualified psychologists who are experts in the delivery of a range of psychological therapies. We also offer consultations with a psychiatrist in the event that you have a concern about medication or require that type of specialist input. Which therapist you are connected to depends on your answers in our online questionnaire – this matches you to the right professional for you. If you wish to receive a consultation with a psychiatrist you can indicate this in your answers whilst responding to the questionnaire, or email us at [email protected] with this request.
Frequently Asked Questions Do I need a psychologist or a psychiatrist?
- Why would I see a psychologist?
- Why should I choose My Online Therapy?
- Why do I have to fill in an online questionnaire?
- How do I choose what type of online therapy I need?
- Why should I trust an online therapy service?
- Does online therapy work?
- What is the difference between a psychologist, a psychiatrist, a therapist and a counsellor?
- Why do online therapy fees vary?
- Do I need a psychologist or a psychiatrist?
- What happens in the first appointment and why is it only half an hour?
- How many appointments will it take to make me feel better?
- I’m not sure if therapy is for me, should I book?
- Is everything I talk about confidential?
- Does my GP have to be informed?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can I contact my psychologist out of hours?