What is ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to a group of behavioural symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsivity. Although ADHD issues are commonly diagnosed in children, adults can also suffer from it. If you struggle to concentrate or stay focused on tasks, often act on impulse, and have difficulties regulating the way you feel and react to situations, you may suffer from ADHD.
Common symptoms of ADHD include:
• Short attention span or being easily distracted
• Constant fidgeting or overactivity
• Inability to deal with stress or to hold temper
• Disorganisation – such as misplacing things
• Impulsive behaviour – such as excessive spending
If you suffer from ADHD you might also have problems sleeping and may suffer from anxiety disorders.
If you think the above applies to you or someone you know, a combination of medication and therapy can greatly improve your day to day functioning.
Which therapies might help?
• Cognitive-behavioural therapy
• Stress reduction
• Behavioural training
The highly specialist team at My Online Therapy are trained to carry out these therapies.